You probably owned a classic pocket knife as a kid and maybe your father or grandfather kept one handy. Gerber’s decades of experience crafting tools and Bear Grylls’s adventure knowledge come together in our Grandfather Knife. Based on a knife that was passed down from Bear’s grandfather to his dad and then to Bear himself, we’ve honored the classic style and utility of Bear’s knife by designing ours with 7 utilitarian components while maintaining the vintage appearance of his original knife. The Grandfather Knife is the quintessential do-it-all pocket knife with the benefit of modern construction.
Equal Parts Utility and Adventure Like a good hand tool, the first thing you’ll notice about the Grandfather Knife is its comfortable heft and easy handling. It weighs half of what most multi-tools weigh and embodies the essence of pocket knife: equal parts utility and zest for adventure. The tool selection is simple by design, offering what you need to save the day at the picnic when there’s no wine opener in sight or to adjust the throttle on your mower without making a trip back to the garage. The fine edge blade, corkscrew, flat and Phillips head drivers, small file and all-important bottle opener are easy to deploy and give you flexibility in your moments of need. At 3.75 inches long, the closed knife is only slightly bigger than a disposable lighter. Still, you get a 2.75-inch fine edge blade, big enough for substantial tasks yet compact enough to carry daily.
It’s a Daily Driver The Grandfather knife disappears in your pocket until you need to put it to work. Like a perfectly weighted skipping stone, it feels great in your hand, too. The rubber-molded grip adds to its easy-to-hold shape and offers a little added security in cold, wet conditions. Don’t let the knife’s vintage look fool you; it’s meant to get used today. The fine edge blade is easy to sharpen and there’s a lanyard ring for adding a small strap or hanging it from your belt.
- Overall Length: 6.50”, 16.5cm
- Blade Length: 2.75”, 6.9 cm
- Closed Length: 3.75”, 9.5 cm
- Weight: 3.5 oz, 99.2 g
- Steel Type: 5Cr15Mov
- Handle Material: Over-molded TPU Rubber w/stainless steel BG Badge
- The knife’s 7 components include a fine edge blade, flat driver, Phillips driver, corkscrew, bottle opener, file and lanyard ring
- The stainless steel Bear Grylls badge plays on the knife’s vintage origins and lends it a classic look
- The rubber-over-mold grip gives the knife a comfortable feel and adds security to your grip
- Includes a copy of Bear Grylls “Priorities of Survival” Pocket Guide for easy reference
- Backed by Gerber’s Lifetime Warranty
Bear Grylls Survival Series Grandfather Knife
- Brand: Bear Grylls by Gerber
- Product Code: 31-002181
- Availability: In Stock
- Price in reward points: 470